meet our eye care provider
ANNA, RSLD, ABOC
- Licensed Optician
- Registered Spectacle Lens Dispenser (RSLD)
- ABO Certified (ABOC) by ABO-NCLE nationally
- 16+ years experience in retail optical, optical labs, optometry practices and VA Hospital
- Trained by the most skilled and traditional Optician who practiced Opticianry to the full capacity for over 45 years: refracting patients, crafting eyewear, and cutting lenses manually, repairing eyeglasses, and more.
- Started from the very bottom as a sales associate to becoming an optician apprentice, becoming a certified optician (ABOC), to becoming a Licensed Optician (RSLD), working in a lab, medical billing/coding, inventory management, e-commerce, marketing/advertising, management, to opening flagship locations for the biggest corporate retailer
- Crafted, adjusted, troubleshoot, and repaired well over 50,000 pairs of eyeglasses
- Committee Member, Dispensing Opticians Committee (DOC) with Department of Consumer Affairs (DCA) CA State Board of Optometry served a 4 year term 2017-2021
- Subject Matter Expert (SME), Optical Technology Program, Northern CA Community College District 2019-present
- Precise Fitting for Patients with cerebral palsy, autism, multiple sclerosis, PTSD, ADHD, anxiety, photophobia, hearing loss and more.
- Lens Design Customization
- Digital Free Form Progressive Measurements
- Troubleshooting Prescription Issues
- 4 Point Frame Adjustments
- Pantoscopic/Retroscopic Tilt Adjustments
- QC Final Inspections
- Eyeglass Repairs
- American Board of Opticianry Certified (ABOC), ABO-NCLE
- Pre-Med, minor in Pre-Law, Bachelor of Science, University of California, Davis, CA
- Biological Science, Associate of Science with Honors, Mission College, Santa Clara, CA
- Physical Science, Associate of Science with Honors, Mission College, Santa Clara, CA
- Natural Science and Mathematics, Associate of Arts with Honors, Mission College, Santa Clara, CA
- Social, Associate of Arts with Honors, Mission College, Santa Clara, CA
- Social and Behavioral Science, Associate of Arts with Honors, Mission College, Santa Clara, CA
- Business Finance and Accounting, Ohlone College, Fremont, CA
WHO DO WE PARTNER WITH?
- Optometrists who sub-lease spaces within Retail locations (i.e. Target, Walmart, Lenscrafters, Sears, Costco, and more.)
- Optometrists and Ophthalmologists who specialize in Vision therapy
- Ophthalmologists and Medical Doctors (MD) who specialize in Lasik
- Optometrists who work for Hospitals or Medical Centers (i.e. Kaiser, VA Hospital, Sutter, VA Clinics)
- Senior Care Homes, Health Facilities, Rehabilitation Centers, Retirement Homes, etc.
- Local Businesses needing vision plans for their employees
- Businesses needing safety prescription eyewear for their employees.
SETTING THE BAR FOR QUALITY
Anna has a passion for opticianry, which she communicates through the quality of her work. Whether it's fitting patients for their next set of eyeglasses, or repairing broken eyeglasses; she makes sure the work is something that leaves a long-lasting and positive impression. Her goal is to grow with the same patients over the next 35+ years, fitting every person properly, making quality eyeglasses, down to mounting the lenses, aligning the frames to spec, and dispensing each pair of eyeglasses to her patients. Whether you're visiting The Vision Parlor in Auburn, CA or ordering online from Florida or Texas, every single pair of eyeglasses that leaves our office goes through Anna to ensure everything is precise and passes her inspections. She wants to continue to honor her mentor who passed down his 45+ years of experience so that she can continue to do what's right for every patient and customer.