military and veteran vision benefits
Eyeglass Benefits for Veterans and Military located between Placer County, Sacramento County, Bay Area, to the Santa Cruz County.
Click Tab below to View Details.
To provide our Veterans with high quality lenses and frame options. We want to ensure our Veterans who want a high quality set of prescription eyeglasses have this resource available. There is no monthly fee and no hoops to jump through. What’s the difference between what Veterans will receive? First and foremost, our Veterans will be properly fitted by a Registered Spectacle Lens Dispenser and ABO Certified Optician who specializes in complex optical fitments. Secondly, we deeply care about giving back to our troops by providing them with the best optics, not the cheapest, to see clearly.
To provide mobile support and financial support for high quality vision services and eyewear to our Veterans. Our passion derives from our experience with working with our Veterans at the Veterans Affairs Hospital and within Optometric Practices. Our Veterans travel far to receive their care, and we want to provide options to our Veterans, especially to those who are immobile, suffer from disabilities, and in need of alternative options.
Often times, after getting an eye examinations through Optometry/Ophthalmology, patients transition over to the Vendor’s Optical side to get prescriptions filled with a basic set of eyeglasses. Unfortunately, once you make it over to choose your frames and get fitted for your prescription eyeglasses, your eyes are dilated and you're not able to see to choose your frames. It was difficult for many veterans to make this very important decision, so many ended up choosing something they would never wear. Well say goodbye to those days!
We believe in providing the right type of care to ensure our veterans are well taken care of. We want you to be able to see comfortably as soon as possible, because you deserve the absolute best when it comes to your vision needs.
- Military or Veteran Card
- State ID or Driver's License
- Valid Spectacle Prescription or Contact Lens Prescription
Please refer to your benefit coverage below, only valid at The Vision Parlor by phone-order, email, or in-person at our Auburn, CA location and during mobile appointments. Online orders will not be accepted at this time if you choose to use this benefit.
|Single Vision||$35||(Copay for Lenses + Uncovered Amount)|
|Bifocal||$95||(Copay for Lenses + Uncovered Amount)|
|Trifocal||$105||(Copay for Lenses + Uncovered Amount)|
|Progressives||$120||(Copay for Lenses + Uncovered Amount)|
|Standard||$25||$120 Frame Allowance|
|Deluxe (Premium Eyewear)||$50||$140 Frame Allowance + 20% off Overage|
Listed below is the full Billing Breakdown. U&C refer to normal charges without any Benefit Coverage. If you have any questions about benefits, please contact us via email at email@example.com
|Description||CPT Code (HCPCS)||U&C||Benefit|
|Lenses, Single Vision (CR39)||V2100-V2199||99.00||99.00||35.00||0.00||35.00|
|HD Lenses, Single Vision (Trivex) with AR (C)||V2100-V2199, V2750||239.00, 89.00||118.00||35.00||76.00||134.00||169.00|
|HD Lenses, Single Vision (Hi-Index 1.66) with AR (C)||V2100-V2199,|
|Lenses, Bifocal (CR39)||V2200-V2299||159.00||99.00||35.00||60.00||95.00|
|Progressive Upgrade (N)||V2781||320.00||50.00||0.00||270.00||270.00|
|Progressive Upgrade (O)||V2781||260.00||50.00||0.00||210.00||210.00|
|Progressive Upgrade (J)||V2781||170.00||50.00||0.00||120.00||120.00|
|Lenses, Trifocal (CR39)||V2300-V2399||169.00||99.00||35.00||70.00||105.00|
|More Options are Available Upon Request|
|Tint, photochromatic, per lens, Single Vision||V2744||100.00||30.00||70.00||70.00|
|Tint, photochromatic, per lens, Multifocal||V2744||120.00||30.00||90.00||90.00|
|Anti-Reflective Coating (C)||V2750||89.00||19.00||70.00||70.00|
|Anti-Reflective Coating (D)||V2750||169.00||19.00||80.00||30.00||40.00||120.00|
|Frame, Deluxe||V2025||389.00||140.00||50.00||20% discount off overage||199.20||249.20|
|Assorted Contact Lenses||V2500-V2599||10% off minimum 3 month supply|
For all veterans local within 5 miles of our Auburn, CA office, we offer mobile optician appointments at no cost. For appointments outside of the 5 mile radius, unless we are already in your area at the time of your appointment, there may be a travel fee associated.
Mobile Hours: (Outside of Office Hours)
Sun 7:30am-10:30am, 6:00pm-8:00pm
Mon 7:30am-10:30am, 6:30pm-8:30pm
Tue 7:30am-10:30am, 6:30pm-8:30pm
Fri 7:30am-10:30am, 6:30pm-8:30pm
Sat 7:30am-10:30am, 6:30pm-8:30pm
- Call and Schedule an eye exam at any Optometrist/Ophthalmologist. Most Veterans can receive an eye exam at the Veterans Affairs Hospital/Clinics, so call your nearest VA and book your appointment!
- Get your eye exam by your Optometrist.
- Request for an official prescription from your Optometrist so you may fill the prescription with us.
- Ask to have your pupillary distance (PD) to be written down (for online orders not using the benefits below). In-person orders will be measured in-office with our Licensed Optician.
- Bring your prescription to us in-person and we will provide a proper eyeglass fitting and order your prescription eyeglasses for you. You can schedule an appointment to come in-office or use our mobile optician services if you prefer to have a Licensed Optician come to you. We encourage you to utilize this service since it’s now available to you!
- We will contact you when your glasses are ready. If ordering in-person, we will call/email you and you can schedule an appointment to have your glasses fitted. To have eyeglasses shipped to you, turn around time will typically take 3-4 weeks (taking into consideration delivery times to have the glasses shipped to you).